Gravitron pull-ups are intended to replace the regular standard pull-ups on gymnastics bars for the beginners in their regular training to ease the pressure. While you pull up, you can put emphasis on triceps or put more emphasis on the muscles of the chest. It depends on an angle of inclination of the body.
This exercise is multi-joint and pretty complex. But it’s also suitable for beginners, because
exercise is performed with the training equipment that allows you to put less charge on muscles.
1. Set the weight on the Gravitron machine. For beginners, it will be enough to set two-thirds of their weight for the first time. Remember, the more weight of the block you select on the Gravitron, the easier the pull-ups;
2. If you have narrow shoulders, you should turn the handles inward so that they could touch your waist;
3. If there is enough width, use the steps and climb onto the Gravitron. Then put your knees on the pillow;
4. Place your palms directly under your shoulders;
5. Keep your upper body vertical, so your triceps have to work harder;
6. Lean forward to develop your pectoral muscles.
Bend your arm at the elbow and shoulder joints, then get down;
The amplitude of getting down should be comfortable. The forearms should be parallel to the floor;
Refocus your efforts on your chest and triceps to put the body in the starting position;
Don’t get your feet off the pillow, as it gently pushes your knees up.
You should avoid sagging in the thoracic and lumbar spine;
Don’t bend forward and do not move forward and backward during the exercise;
Do not put your elbows away from the body. On the contrary, it’s necessary to bring the elbows closer to the body.
You can do this uneven ascent without any support. If you want to try this, you need to fix the rubber on the crossbar and then descent down. Keep on standing on the rubber with your feet and then get back to the standard position. A variation of the exercise with rubber is more suitable for those who are interested not only in triceps development but also in pull-ups workout.
This exercise can be included in programs with different levels of difficulty. For the beginners, it could be performed as the main workout for triceps. But don’t forget that it requires work in the elbow and shoulder joints, so any injuries of the elbows and shoulders are a contraindication