GHRP means Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides, and just from the name of the group you can understand what they do. The growth hormone – somatotropin – is responsible for a wast number of improvements in your body.
Extra growth hormone works like a little generous genie with no limit for wishes. Weight loss? Yes, master. Anti-aging? Of course. Muscle gains? My pleasure! While the real genie lives in a lamp, the growth hormone is secreted in your pituitary gland. You can’t rub a part of your brain directly (and I bet you never wanted to), so you need GHRPs to stimulate it. Especially in the old age, when your natural GH production goes down. GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 are very much alike in their action. Here is what they can give you and how the whole thing works.
How GHRP Peptides Work
Naturally, GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 are just strings of amino-acids, 6 parts in each peptide. To get to the brain, they mimic ghrelin – the hormone of hunger. GHRPs stimulate the pituitary gland by attaching to G protein-coupled receptors. It results in an immediate peak in GH production, regardless of the natural cycle, time, and other conditions. The effect is short, your GH production reaches its peak in 30 minutes and goes back to normal in the next 3 hours. However, that’s enough for all the effects to kick in.
GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 Benefits
The GHRP peptides by themselves have zero benefits, it’s a common misconception. When you want to go to the cinema, you buy tickets, but you don’t just put them on the table and stare at two pieces of paper autistically for 2 hours, saying that the book was better, right? You go and watch the damn movie. With peptides, all the action comes from the growth hormone they release, not from them. That’s why the list of benefits is similar to that of HGH:
- Rapid muscle gains;
- Fat loss, especially in the abdominal area;
- Immunity boost;
- Hair and skin anti-aging;
- Anti-inflammatory effect on liver;
- General health improvements.
Your internal organs, skin, and immunity will benefit from the extra GH inevitably. Even your bones will get additional armor. To concentrate on fat tissue breakdown, you need smaller doses, and for extra results in the gym, you have to take higher ones or stick with the more powerful option – GHRP-2.
GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 Difference
GHRP-2 is around 30% more potent than its twin brother GHRP-6. It can boost your natural GH production by 7-15 times. However, GHRP-2 is more likely to trigger cortisol and prolactin, way less welcomed in the bodybuilding world substances. The first one destroys your muscle tissue, the latter is responsible for cooperation with estrogen and fat gains. The good news is, both GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 raise prolactin and cortisol insignificantly, so the key difference you should take to account is the power.
How To Take GHRP-2 and GHRP-6
As all other peptides, GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 come in a crystal form, so you should reconstitute them. Bacterial water is the perfect option for this. You can buy it, as well as buy Apoxar GHRP-2 in our shop for a very reasonable price.
Both compounds are injectable, both should be injected subcutaneously (in the thin fat layer between your skin and muscle).
The best place for injections is your abdominal area (just pick a place that is NOT around your belly button).
[HERE] is a definitive guide on how to take peptides, it covers the GHRP group in all details.
Dosage of GHRP-2 and GHRP-6
First of all, it’s impossible to overdose on GHRP peptides.
Some anecdotal reports (like this one, made 11 years ago) mention cycling an ungodly dosage of 1000 mcg without any side effects. However, the most popular numbers are way lower.
The dose of single GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 per injection is calculated by a simple formula:
«1mcg of the peptide for 1kg of your weight».
In theory, if your weight is 86 kilos, you should take 86mcg of the peptide 3 times a day, and your daily dose would be exactly 258mcg.
In practice, nobody has time for this. It would be pointless since 20-30mcg of the compound make not that much of a difference. Also, it would be a total pain in the ass to fill your syringe precisely to this point 3 times a day.
Most athletes take between 100 and 200 mcg per injection, 300-600mcg daily. That’s it, as rough as it gets. The difference is mostly individual, some bulk guys just don’t feel the 100mcg dose. It’s also recommended not to go for 200mcg when your target is just a simple weight loss, or if you run GHRPs in a stack with other peptides, like HGH-Frag.
When To Take These Peptides
Given the small window of action, the timing of injections is crucial. First of all, this is the time to avoid:
- Don’t take GHRP peptides within 30 minutes before or after a meal. Glucose and carbohydrates from food may decrease peptides’ effectiveness.
- Don’t take GHRP peptides when you’re about to go to work or other places with a low activity if your goal is muscle gains. Sitting on your ass in the office while your GH is peaking will not give you much progress.
Some other factors, on the contrary, give your GHRPs injection a little boost:
- Try to take GHRP peptides before going to bed. This way the peak from the peptides will combine with the natural peak in GH production that happens during your sleep.
- Try to match GHRP injections with your high-protein meals. Especially arginine, glutamine, and D-aspartic acid (D-AA). These compounds that you get from food slightly prolong the action of GHRP-2 and GHRP-6. Just take them when the peak of production is passed.
Combine all the rules, and this is what a perfect GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 injections plan for most athletes look like:
- Injection №1: on an empty stomach in the morning, about 40 minutes before breakfast;
- Injection №2: 30 minutes before the workout;
- Injection №3: right before going to sleep.
This way you utilize the best possible effects of GHRP-2 or GHRP-6 and get more growth hormone as the result. Obviously, your timing may be different from that. You may be a gym freak with 2 or 3 workouts a day, or you just work in the nightshift. Just buy GHRP-6 or other option in our shop and start testing it. Anyway, you know the rules now, so simply apply them to your situation.
Best Combinations with GHRP-2 and GHRP-6
GHRP peptides group is universal in terms of mixing with other peptides. Depending on your target, you can boost any effect of the growth hormone.
- Want to combine overall gains with faster healing, to recover from trauma before going all-in on muscle growth? Take GHRP-2 + BT-500;
- Want to boost the weight loss and get ripped faster? Take GHRP-2 (100mcg) or GHRP-6 + HGH-Frag;
- Want to get even more growth hormone through a synergetic effect of the GHRH group? Take GHRP-2 or GHRP-6 + CJC-1295 DAC or Mod GRF (1-29). Conveniently, you can buy CJC-1295 DAC, as well as other supplies, for a nice price in our store.
The possibility of serious side effects is close to zilch in the whole GHRP group. These compounds are safe for children, so you can say that adult athletes have nothing to worry about. However, some minor inconveniences are possible. Here is the full list of side effects:
- Hot flashes;
- Blod pressure spikes;
- Hunger (since GHRPs mimic the hormone, responsible for hunger – ghrelin).
Despite the insignificance of everything on the list, you still should consider the possibility of personal intolerance.
In the case of an allergic reaction, serious stomach pain and nausea may occur. Remember that this is NOT normal, and drop the cycle immediately.
Personal Opinion on GHRP-6 and GHRP-2
Peptides are often referred to as a poorly researched, experimental, and dangerous class of compounds. GHRP-2 and GHRP-6 are an exception. These two are first-generation peptides from the late ’70s, both considered to be a golden classic of growth hormone-releasing peptides. GHRP-2 is undergoing endless clinical trials for over 30 years now. Those who need something more novel definitely should take Ipamorelin instead. However, «old» options remain popular for certain reasons, and reliability is one of them.